The City Manager is the chief executive officer of the City who leads the organization; provides executive leadership necessary to carry out the mission, goals, and policies established by the City Council; and ensures the City operates in a fiscally responsible manner.
The City Manager’s office is responsible for day-to-day management of all operations of City government, administration of all City services, and enforcement of all laws pursuant to the City Charter including:
- Appointing/removing all employees not appointed by the Council
- Implementing and administering the policy directives of the City Council within the parameters of the City Charter
- Keeping the City Council informed as to the financial condition and future needs of the City
- Operating and managing the City’s financial services
- Preparing and submitting short term and long term capital improvement programs
- Preparing City Council’s meeting agendas
- Negotiating contracts on behalf of the City as directed
For more information, please contact:
We want to keep you informed about what’s happening in our beautiful city. After the start of the fiscal year Oct.1, City Manager Samantha D. Abell provides to the City Council with an annual report reviewing the prior 12-month implementation of the City Council’s initiatives and operational performance. We hope you enjoy learning more about the inner workings of your City!
Hurricane Sally After Action Report: Click here to view