Back to Projects
Montrose Outfall Dredge Project (H.Sally Fema Funded)
Scope of Work/ Specifications
- Project Inspection and Permitting
- A non-mandatory pre-bid will be held.
- Owner has secured all applicable permits. Contractor will be required to abide by permit requirements within the work area.
- Dredge Montrose Outfall
- Contractor is responsible for the placement and maintenance of sediment/erosion control necessary to comply with the USACE & FDEP permit for dredging.
- Perform a hydraulic or mechanical maintenance dredge to a depth of no more than 5 feet below the MLW and remove approximately 140 cubic yards of material from the mouth of Montrose Outfall.
- Dredging is not to exceed 140 cubic yards of sand.
- The dredged material will be discharged into an upland dredged material disposal cell with return water filtered through a water filtration system (if hydraulic dredging is utilized) or will be discharged into a container positioned on a barge located within the dredge area and dewatered within the limits of the turbidity barriers then hauled offsite to an upland dredged material disposal area (if mechanical dredging is utilized).
- Contractor shall have a pre and post-bathymetric survey performed on the dredged area by a licensed surveyor of the State of Florida.
- The project is located at Montrose Boulevard in Gilmore Bayou,
Latitude 30.361944° North, Longitude 87.187500° West, Section 6, Township 3 South,
Range 29 West, in Gulf Breeze, Santa Rosa County, Florida.
- Spoil Loading & Hauling
- Contractor is responsible for loading & hauling dredge spoil material from spoil site.
- Site Work Limitations
- Contractor will be responsible for MOT & residential accessibility to roadways and properties.
- Project work schedule will need to be phased with tide and depth of surrounding water to ensure access to the site is possible.
Awarded by City Council
Notice of Intent to Award
Notice of Award
Contract Fully Executed-Signed
date tbd as of 5/2/2023
Notice to Proceed
Estimated Completion Date
120 days from NTP