To apply for the Natural Gas Marketing Representative position, click HERE.
DEPARTMENT: PUBLIC SERVICES
SALARY: $39,471.00 to $42,000.00 per year
Promotes the use and purchase of natural gas and natural gas equipment. Work is performed under the general direction of the Natural Gas superintendent. This position requires considerable independent judgement and initiative in carrying out assignments to a successful conclusion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiates contact with potential customers
- Develop and maintain all supporting documentation
- Follows through with all customer calls in a proper and efficient manner
- Works diligently at achieving personal and company goals
- Participate and assist in the development of marketing and advertising incentive programs
- Other duties as assigned.
The preceding is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,responsibilities or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Applicants must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- High School diploma with a minimum of seven years of directly related experience, or;
- Associate’s Degree with a minimum of four years of directly related experience, or;
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two years of directly related experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS REQUIRED
- Confirmed and consistent demonstration of highest business ethic practices in advancement of corporate and individual business development
- Exhibits superior communication skills to convey information efficiently and effectively with customers, Customer Service team, management, industry representatives,etc.
- Demonstrates highly-developed interpersonal skills to be able to work with various personality types in all manner of situations. Superior ability to persuade and/or influence people.
- Exhibits exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated tact in calling on customers, setting and re-scheduling appointments, maintaining follow-up contact, coordinating work with work crews and building contractors while maintaining a positive demeanor in stressful circumstances
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of policies, procedures, fees, deposits, gas availability,etc., and knowledge also of local gas market and applicable appliances
- Confirmed understanding of math needed to work with customer requests. Exceptional skills with written, oral and verbal communication
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Punctuality and preparedness is an essential function of the position
- May be required to work other than normal work schedules
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Exceptional computer skills with knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Windows, Google and other applications including company’s relevant software
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills for working with various personality types while participating in trade associations, talking with vendors and builders and generating business relationships in a positive manner
- Possesses research skills to respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner and communication skills to accurately convey information from, to and between all interested parties
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license and a driving record to satisfy the City of Gulf Breeze and its insurers.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment
- Requires sitting for long periods of time
- Viewing and working on a computer for long periods of time
- Standing for long periods of time, walking bending, and light lifting
Employees in this classification will be tested for illegal drugs in accordance with the City of Gulf Breeze’s Drug Free Workplace Policy, and the National Pipeline & Hazardous Material Safety Administration/DOT regulations.
To apply for the Natural Gas Marketing Representative position click HERE.
All applicants will be notified upon the City’s receipt of their application information.
For any questions regarding the application or hiring process, please contact:
Veronica Gura, Senior Administrative Assistant,
Office of the City Clerks