Development Review Board
The development review board (DRB) is comprised of six residents who are appointed by the city council.
- Approve or deny applications for level II development.
- Review all level iii development and make recommendations to the City Council regarding the project.
- Hear appeals related to level I development.
Architectural Review Board
The Architectural Review Board (ARB) is comprised of six residents who are appointed by the city council.
- Review applications for compliance with the city’s CRA design standards and makes recommendations to the city council about the project.
- Make recommendations to the city council regarding changes to the city’s urban design guidelines as well as the municipal code of ordinances.
- Make recommendations to the city council relative to public improvement projects within the community redevelopment area.
- Review all proposed special exceptions for increased building height in target height zones and make recommendations to the city council.
Board of adjustment
- The board of adjustment (BOA) is comprised of six residents who are appointed by the city council.
- The BOA duties are to hear and decide applications for special exceptions, variances and appeals from the LDC.
- THE BOA IS A quasi-judicial body.
- HAS some of the elements of a judicial or court proceeding.
The BOA can only consider competent and substantial evidence. The decision cannot be based on popular opinion. All decisions made by the boa are final and the board is not empowered to hear the case again. Appeals are made to Santa Rosa county circuit court.