Mayor and a four member City Council meet in regular session the first and third Mondays of each month at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall. All meetings are open to the public. Your elected officials are Mayor: Cherry Fitch, Council members: Mayor Pro Tem Tom Naile, Randy Hebert, Todd Torgersen, and JB Schluter.
Mayor and Council appoints the City Attorney who is responsible for legal guidance. Mary Jane Bass, law partner at Beggs & Lane, was appointed to the position of City Attorney on July 16, 2018.
Mayor and Council appoints the City Manager who is responsible for city government operations and day-to-day activities under the policy direction of the Council. On September 6, 2017, the Council appointed Samantha Abell to the position of City Manager.
Services to Citizens:
- Police Protection – Full Time Police Officers. Richard Hawthorne, Police Chief. Police Station Phone (850) 934-5121. Weekdays 8:00am – 4:00pm. Call (850) 934-4050 for direct phone line to Police Dispatcher.
- Police, Fire or Medical Emergency – DIAL 911
- Fire Protection – By Gulf Breeze Volunteer Fire Department (financially supported by the City). Shane Carmichael, Fire Chief, Phone No. (850) 934-5133.
- Parks and Recreation – Facilities owned and maintained by the City. Programs provided by volunteer organizations (i.e. Gulf Breeze Sports Association, Gulf Breeze Tennis Association, etc.) Shoreline Park South Gazebo rental and Boat Ramp permits are available at City Hall. Ron Pulley, Director of Parks and Recreation. Phone no. (850) 934-5140.
- Gulf Breeze Community Center – Located in Shoreline Park North, owned and operated by the City for the use of all Santa Rosa County residents. The Community Center a gymnasium, game room, auditorium, meeting rooms, and kitchen. Reservation information and hours of operation available at Community Center Office. Ron Pulley is the Center’s director. Phone No. (850) 934-5140.
- Refuse Collection – By Republic Services under contract with the City.
- Recycling and Trash Transfer Station – Located on South Sunset Blvd. and Shoreline Drive. Station accepts recyclables at no charge and also accepts yard trash and other debris (not garbage) for a dumping fee. Open on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from February through October and Tuesday and Saturday from November through January. Hours of operation are 7:30am – 4:00pm. Phone (850) 934-5146. (Attendant on Duty). For Trash Transfer rates click here.
- Streets and Drainage – Streets and drainage systems within City Limits are maintained by the Natural Resources Division of Public Works Department. Contact (850) 934-5108.
- Community Services – The Gulf Breeze Code of Ordinances is designed to enhance safety, aesthetic value and quality of life in the community. The following regulations frequently affect City residents:
- Animal Control – The City has a Leash Law
- Fences – Zoning Ordinances govern height and location
- Trees – Permit required to remove trees over twelve (12) inches in diameter
- Waterfront – Permits required for any construction within fifty (50) feet of the water including piers and bulkheads.
- Signs – Permits required for most signs. Ordinance controls location, number, and size of signs.
- Anti-Blight Ordinance – Controls littering, unkempt or overgrown yards, abandoned property and outdoor storage.
- Occupational Licenses – Required by City and County for all businesses and home occupations within the City Limits.
- House Numbers – Required, no less than four (4) inches in height.
- For information on Code Enforcement Issues, contact Shane Carmichael, Director of Community Services at City Hall, Phone (850) 934-5109.
- Natural Gas – The City provides natural gas in most areas of the City and extends as far as Lighthouse Pointe. Contact (850) 934-5108 for information on gas service and conversion incentives.
- Water, Sewer, and Gas – Facilities owned and operated by the City. If you have any questions regarding billing or service, Phone (850) 934-5110.