The new facility has more room for activities, with more than just the sports enthusiasts in mind.
The new building boasts a dual-court gymnasium, with a main basketball court and two lateral courts. The 12,000 sq ft gym will be bigger than the 10,000 sq ft gym at the former facility. That expansion allows for an eight foot separation between courts.
Parks & Recreation Director Ron Pulley said that the $6 million upgraded facility, which boasts 24,000 sq ft, also has free wireless internet. In all, the community center is a 44,000 sq ft Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified facility.
The entrance to the community center is open with a waiting room complete with free wifi and television. That entails a geothermal HVAC system, LEED certified insulation and lights, and a centralized unit that controls energy efficiency in the building. All components inside the facility are now geothermal, which is more efficient in all aspects.
The facility has an area for residents to relax with a large screen television, couches and vending machines and a full service commercial kitchen; 2 multi-purpose rooms, a theater room with a stage, The Clay Ford conference room along with the 2 dual-court gymnasiums. For the tennis enthusiasts or general public that love sitting outside the Center has a large back patio area with tables that over look the 10 tennis courts.
Each of the rooms in the facility are available for the public to rent for any occasion. Please call 850-934-5140 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for rental inquiries.
Community Center Activities
- 4-Shore-Fit Boot Camp — 4shorefit.com
- Jazzercise — jazzercise Gulf Breeze
- Bombshell Moms — bombshell-moms.com
- Qi Gong — Bud Lawrence 850-206-8873
- Fitness for the Golden Years — Clary Paddgett 850-288-1834
- Pilates — Ashley Keigley firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shotokan Karate — coastalshotokan.net
- Zumba Gold — Regina Ewing 850-554-6639
- Chair Yoga — Regina Ewing 850-554-6639
- Pickleball — Ryan Ottensmeyer 934-5140
- AARP Driving Class — Council of Aging 850-432-1475
- Senior Bingo — Pat Franzke 850-934-4571
- Senior Breeze Bridge Club — 850-932-1739
- Unlimited Horizons — unlimited-horizons.org
Director of Tennis — Whitney Mann — 850-554-9547
Gulf Breeze Sports Association
follow us on facebook at www.facebook.com/GBParksnRec
Gulf Breeze Community Center
800 Shoreline Drive
Gulf Breeze, Fl 32561