MAYOR MATT DANNHEISSER
Mayor Matt Dannheisser has been a member of the Gulf Breeze City Council since December 2014. His present term as Mayor runs from until December 2018. Prior to becoming Mayor, Matt served as the City Attorney since 1990.
- Phone : (850) 934-5115
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facsimile : (850) 934-5114
Matt is an attorney who specializes in the representation of small businesses and local governmental entities. He holds the prestigious AV Preeminent Peer Review rating by Martindale-Hubbell signifying that other lawyers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Law offices of Matt E. Dannheisser (1993 – present)
- Partner, Ray, Kievit & Kelly (1991 – 1993)
- Shareholder, Emmanuel, Sheppard & Condon (1983 – 1991)
Member of The Florida Bar and admitted to practice in the United States District Court, Northern District of Florida. City Attorney for City of Gulf Breeze (1990 – 2014) and Town of Century (1993 – present).
- B.S., Business Administration (Finance – Cum Laude), University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1980.
- J.D., Spessard Holland College of Law, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1982.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT REPRESENTATION – General Counsel (Current & Prior)
Town of Century
Santa Rosa County Civil Service Board
Capital Trust Agency
South Santa Rosa Utility Systems
City of Gulf Breeze
Florida Municipal Bond Fund
Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office
Santa Rosa Island Authority
Florida Water Services Authority
Gulf Breeze Local Government Loan Program
Gulf Breeze Financial Services
Fairpoint Regional Utility System
Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (Current & Prior Involvement)
- Capital Trust Agency
- Center for Independent Living (Vice President and Board of Directors)
- Escambia Bay Jaycee’s
- Fairpoint Regional Utility System
- Florida Alabama Transportation Planning Organization
- Gulf Breeze Chamber of Commerce (Governmental Affairs Committee)
- Gulf Breeze Sertoma Club (Vice President; Treasurer and Board of Directors)
- Gulf Breeze Sports Association (Coach and Sponsor of Numerous Youth Basketball; Soccer; and Softball Teams)
- Gulf Coast Crime Stoppers, Inc. (Board of Directors)
- Junior Achievement of Northwest Florida, Inc. (Chairman; Chairman-Elect; Vice President Middle School Education; Vice President Administration; and Board of Directors)
- Northwest Florida Gator Club (President; President-Elect; and Board of Directors)
- Northwest Florida Regional Transportation Planning Organization
- Panhandle Tiger Bay Club (Board of Directors and Vice President-Membership)
- Peake’s Point Homeowners Association (Board of Directors; Chairman of Architectural Review Board; and Vice President)
- Pensacola Jewish Federation (Board of Directors and Treasurer)
- Pensacola Sports Association
- Portofino Tower V Homeowners Association (Board of Directors)
- Santa Rosa County Crime Stoppers (Founding Member; Board of Directors; Vice President; and Treasurer)
- Santa Rosa Enterprise Zone Authority
- Santa Rosa Committee for Disaster Preparedness
- South Santa Rosa Utility System
- Temple Beth El (Board of Directors; Board of Trustees; Finance Committee Chairman; and Treasurer)
- Tiger Point Park Board (Founding Member and Vice President)
- University of Florida Foundation, Northwest Florida Regional Campaign Committee
- University of Florida Law School Alumni Council
- University of Florida National Alumni Association (Membership Committee)
- University of Florida President’s Council
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Current Member of:
- The Florida Bar
Member of: Local Government Law Section and Business Law Section.
Prior Service on: Civil Procedure Rules & Committee; Student Education & Admissions to the Bar Committee; Computer Law Committee; Consumer Protection Law Committee; Professional Ethics Committee; First Circuit Fee Arbitration Committee (Chairman and Vice Chairman).
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
Prior Service on: Executive Board; Community Relations Committee (Chairman); Small Claims Mediation Committee (Chairman); Interprofessional Relations Committee; Law Day Committee; Lawyer Referral Committee.
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Foundation
Prior Service as: President and Member of Board of Directors.
- Florida Municipal Attorneys Association
- Florida Association of Police Attorneys
Prior Member of:
- American Bar Association
Prior Membership of: Tort & Insurance Practice Section; Litigation Section; Legislation Committee.
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Married to Tammy Dannheisser
- Two children: Jana Sloan, Houston, TX, and Matthew Dannheisser, Tampa, FL